Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New season....new health?

It's been nearly a month since my last post!  Bad blogger alert!  A few updates.

1.  Started fall semester....one more semester after this one (WHAT????)!
2.  Celebrated my 14th wedding anniversary yesterday:)....love that guy!
3.  Dare I say it?  I think that the methotrexate is working???
4.  After 2 weeks of illness (strep followed by bronchitis) finally feeling great and back working out!


Let's start with RA....no major flare-ups.  There I said it.  I'm not sure if any of you other RA sufferers feel this way, but it is REALLY hard to say that sentence out loud.  It's like if I say it...I will jinx myself or something...silly but don't you know what I mean?  It's like your afraid to embrace it.  I almost started to think that I made myself feel some wrist pain because I was so nervous that I was going to flare.  Well...I stopped that nonsense.  I am embracing the good.

I started a new workout program with my trainer and am excited to get rockin' on it!  I actually started it in August but August was such a wash out with my flare-ups, etc...that it really didn't amount to much.  I would like to maybe take part in a competition if I can get this RA under control.  Maybe that would help get RA out there as well.  I'm not sure that I've seen any write-ups on any bodybuilders/figure competitors who have spoken out that they are RA sufferers.  I know this might be a big goal, but it could be a great goal and maybe get even more people informed about RA.  I know some might be skeptical but what the heck...why not!

Looking forward to this weekend as the hubby and I will no doubt go to dinner and have a fun day together (hopefully checking out a new vegan restaurant that just opened).

Have a busy day planned today as I have to get some homework/projects done for school.  Lucky it's very interesting....I am currently reading "Unbearable Lightness" by Portia De Rossi about her struggle with an eating disorder, and then have a day planned of movies that deal with psychological issues (ie. What ever happened to baby Jane, One flew over the Cuckoos nest, Temple Grandin, etc)...should get me geared up for my neuropsych class!

Let me leave you with a wonderful quote that I found in a magazine that I cut out and look at OFTEN!

"Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they're supposed to help you discover who you are." - Bernice Johnson Reagon

Love that quote:)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful quote! One to try and live by with ra. It seems like metho might be doing the job for you. And yes, I know that feeling of impending doom....so to say. I try not to think in future terms in regards to my ra. I don't put life on hold, I make my plans, I realize I must be flexible but I try not to think of what ifs with my flares and such. I just try to keep on keeping on. Enjoy your new found freedom :-)

    ReplyDelete